Tuesday, December 20, 2005

new music

The trip cut another way: music I bought while in Australia:
(ok some were bought for me)

Clare Bowditch & The Feeding Set - What Was Left
Bernard Fanning - Tea & Sympathy
Pete Murray - See The Sun
Tex, Don and Charlie - All Is Forgiven
Jebediah - Anniversary EP
Paul Kelly - Live at the Continental and Esplanade
Eskimo Joe - Girl
The Welcome Mat - Gram
The Guild League - Inner North
Grinspoon - Best In Show
Happyland - Welcome to...
The Finn Brothers - Everyone is Here
Clare Bowditch etc., - Autumn Bone
Gorgeous - Big Fit Heart
Stoneage Cameos - Various Artists
John Butler Trio - Somethings Gotta Give (for the live Oceans track)
Tim Rogers and the Temperance Union - Ghost Songs/Dirty Ron


It makes me sad that THIS was never finished:
Top 100 Australian albums of the 90's, at the Australian Music Project
http://www.ozmusicproject.net/top100/

What was your #1 album of the 90's?

For me it was probably Hi Fi Way by You Am I, even though it was less sophisticated than Hourly Daily; I think it struck a strong chord with my own lack of sophistication, and awkward teenagerness. When Hourly Daily came alon, I was in a suburban cultural cringe mindset, and therefore it didn't immediately grab me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home